Tuesday 18 May 2021

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion Penny slider - looking for rainbows, I have created these two cards for my design team inspiration. Here are the details:

Gemini - Stamp & Die - Look For Rainbows

Bring the cutest characters to life with magical movement in the Penny Slider Stamp & Die Collection! This clever range adds some amazing animation to your cardmaking creations using a penny coin.

With the Penny Slider set you can use penny to move a cute character along its path. Designed to fit perfectly on any size of card base this collection will add a new sense of fun to your cardmaking creations!

The Look For Rainbows set includes 12 stamps and dies to bring that all important sunshine after the rain. Featuring a cheerful sunbeam that floats over a rainbow, alongside heart embellishments and positive messages this card shines with happiness!

All you have to do is use the Stamp & Die set along with some 3D Foam Pads and a couple of pennies - don’t worry each set comes with step-by-step instructions as well!

All you need is a die-cutting machine, a die and your chosen card or paperstock. Simply create your plate combination using the helpful Sandwich Guide in the instruction manual and run through your die-cutting machine – it’s that simple!

The stamps are made from the highest quality clear acrylic, which means that you can see straight through the stamp to line up the image accurately. Just adhere your chosen stamp to an acrylic block  and stamp away! This means that you're guaranteed accurate impressions every time.

These stamps are highly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. They can be applied like a traditional stamp, or used with heat embossing powders to create an incredible raised effect. You can also try stamping them on vellum paper for a weathered look.

Pick up the full Penny Slider range to see how you can breathe new life into your crafting!

Here is the first card I have made, all details and products used are below:
  • To make this card I have created a circle easel from my nesting dies in white cardstock, I then created a blue and yellow matt layer for the bottom, and a blue layer for the top. I have turned the top layer into a shaker window by adding a white frame with foam tape and sealed some sequins inside with acetate. Before gluing all my layers onto the base card I have wrapped a piece of ribbon around and secured it to the back, and added the layers with wet glue.
  • Next I have used a piece of white card stock and stamped out and coloured my image using my tri-blend brush marker and fussy cut the separate elements, once coloured I have cut the who image from a circle die
  • To create my slider track I have used the die from the set to die cut in the middle of the panel, I have then raised this up on a double layer of foam pads ensuring to keep clear of the track allowing the penny to have plenty of room to slide.
  • On my circle panel  with one penny underneath showing through the die cut track I have added two small circular foam pads to one penny then attached the second penny to the front of the track panel, so you have a penny behind and a penny in front of the panel secured with round foam pads. I then checked my mechanism was working before securing the whole panel to the base card on the shaker window.
  • For the sentiment rainbows I have used my sparkle pens direct to white card and created a was of rainbow colours then run through the machine with the die cut sentiment, I have attached this to the bottom of the card using wet glue.
  • To finish off my card I have added a bow, the rest of my die cut elements including the Sun over the penny and a few gems.
Products used:
The next card I have created is from the same set:


  • To create this card I have started with a white 7''x7'' base card, I have created a patterned paper layer measuring 6.75''x6.75'' then another layer measuring 6.5''x6.5'' and finally a white layer measuring 6.25''x6.25''. On the white piece I have used a stencil, some quick dry inks and a blending brush to create this background, before securing all the layers I have wrapped a piece of ribbon around the middle attaching it at the back of the panel before gluing it to the base card with wet glue.
  • Next I have stamped, and coloured my images with my tri-blend brush markers and die cut the sun element, I have also stamped the sentiment sending you sunshine and happy thoughts and die cut with a small circle tag and threaded some twine at the top.
  • To create my slider track I have used the die from the set to die cut in the middle of the panel, and cut it into a larger circle panel I have then raised this up on a double layer of foam pads ensuring to keep clear of the track allowing the penny to have plenty of room to slide.
  • On my panel  with one penny's underneath showing through the die cut track I have added two small circular foam pads to one penny then attached the second penny to the front of the track panel, so you have a penny behind and a penny in front of the panel secured with round foam pads. I then checked my mechanism was working and cut another larger circle from patterned paper for the panel to sit on before securing it to the card base with foam pads.
  • To finish this card off I have added my die cut Sun the the penny with foam pads, added some gems to the corner and attached my sentiment to a bow and secured to the card.
Products used:
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, if you like these cards please feel free to leave a comment and I would love you to follow by blog more more inspiration.

Hayley Crafters Companion Design Team.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Both are beautiful but that easel, penny slider, shaker. Wow it ticks all my boxes perfect

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you