Tuesday 30 June 2020

4th July pop up box project

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my first project made working as a guest designer for Polkadoodles in the Digi Choosday team. The theme for this project was Red, White and Blue, 4th July and for it not to be a card.
 I decided I wanted to use some of the fantastic characters and other pieces available on the website to create a 3d pop up box that could be used as a decoration for the upcoming festivities on the 4th July.

Be sure to enter your makes and play along with the weekly challenges to win some amazing prizes.
Here is where you can find Polkadoodles:
Store website: Polkadoodles shop
Digi Choosday Blog: Digi Choosday blog
Facebook: Facebook
Instagram: Instagram
YouTube: You tube
Pinterest: Pinterest
Blog: Blog

I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:
And finally here's my inspiration for this weeks Digi Choosday challenge blog #week26
Please see all instructions and products used below:


  • To start with I have made my pop up box base on an A4 piece of paper I have measured out a guide to create the box - here are the dimensions 
  • I have used this template to create two of these on 300gsm cardstock. I have cut and scored where appropriate then used the flaps to adhere the two panels together. Once I had the basic box, I then created three card pieces to slot inside the box to add the support. 
  • Next I have downloaded and printed out all the elements from the Polkadoodles website I have used Miss USAFriesBurgerFried chickenStarfish Sandcastles characters I have coloured all the images using my Promarkers and Chameleon colour tone pens and fussy cut them out.
  • I have then decorated the outside of the pop up box, to do this I have used red and blue card creating mats and layers to go on the out side panels, I have then used a star shaped die and cut this out using my cutting machine and white card stock and adhered to the front panel of the box.
  • For the flap panels I have matted them with the red card then used another background star die cutting this out in the blue card and matting onto a white card stock piece I glued all these panels on to the outside flaps of the box using wet glue.
  • To create some support for the pop up elements I have used the same background star die in red and backed in white card and attached them to each of the support sections inside the box.
  • To add the characters and elements I have used strips of acetate, I have used red liner tape to add the elements and used the tape again to attach the acetate to the inside of the box.
  • To fill out some of the space I have added some additional elements, I have used my heart and star shaped dies and some Digi papers from Polkadoodles 
Products used:
  • Red and Blue card stock card stock pad
  • All the characters and Digi stamps available on the website
  • Star, background and heart dies are all from Hunkydory
  •  coloured markers used are/:
Pro Markers - Satin, Putty, Almond, Coral, Soft peach, Pastel yellow Terracotta, Apricot, Blush, Pink rose
Chameleon colour tone pens - BV4 Blue violet, BL6 Royal blue, RD4 Crimson red, GR3 grass, PK3 Bubble-gum BR5 bark, BR2 Cocoa

(Please note these are NOT affiliated links, so please feel free to shop freely)

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, If you like this project please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent inspiration. Please also join us over at the Digi Choosday blog where you can find lots of inspiration and also enter your makes into the weekly anything goes challenge to be in with a chance of winning a $10 download voucher. Until next time, have a great day. 

24 comments:

  1. Oh my word what an awesome project, Hayley! Great tutorial too! Welcome to the team! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jane, I am super happy to be apart of the team and can't wait to create more projects. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you Janis, I love your challenge blog, I sure will be back soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous design Hayley, amazing colouring, a real eye catcher x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project .. Love the idea
    Regards
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic box card, so full of embellishments, adorable and fun, and thanks for your tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and congrats on being a first time Design Team member at Polkadoodles. Hope you come back at Double Trouble to join in future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzanne. I will definitely be back to join in with your fab challenges xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! You put so much amazing work into this project! I love all the red, white, and blue and the burst of patriotic fun this is! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved your challenge and I will be back again soon :) xx

      Delete
  7. A great box card - so much detail.

    Thanks for joining us at the Love to Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you did such an amazing job with this project. Great work. https://cardsbyamerica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Correction to my comment above. Should have read.....
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your GDT spot and love all the images in your colourful pop-up box card
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble for our patriotic inspired challenge! Thank you also for the great instructions on how you created your pop-up box! Great job on every front! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hayley, what a great job on your pop up box. Perfect for the 4th that's for sure. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you