Friday 26 June 2020

Creative Fingers design team - Thank you card

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a beautiful thank you card I have made for my very first project on the Creative Fingers design team. This card is made using my own stash, so the theme was - anything goes #189 challenge.
 I am thrilled to be apart of this wonderful team and please be sure to check out the Creative Fingers challenge blog here Creative Fingers challenge blog play along and enter your makes for your chance of winning an amazing stamp set prize.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges -
https://qkrstampede.blogspot.com/ QKR Stampede challenge #400 Anything goes
https://cardztv.blogspot.com/ CARDZ TV Anything goes challenge #117
https://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/ Repete impressions anything goes challenge #J2420
https://craftinghappinesschallenges.blogspot.com/ Challenge #54 Anything goes challenge
https://lovetocraftchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2020/06/ltccb-47-june-anything-goes.html - LTCCB #47 - June Anything Goes
https://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/ June Challenge (#410) - Anything Goes
https://ttcrd.blogspot.com/ Through the craft room door anything goes challenge
https://lemonshortbreadchallenge.blogspot.com/ Challenge #122 anything goes

Here is my inspiration for this months #189 challenge....
Please see below for all details and products used:



  • I started with a 4.5"x6.5" white card stock panel. I used my flower stamp from the Altenew stamp set and stamped them onto plain copy paper and fussy cut them out to create a mask for each element. I then proceeded to stamp out my image onto the white panel I had created, I started with the flower in the middle, I stamped the image using versa fine CLAIR black pigment ink and my stamping block, once stamped I then masked off this flower using the make shift mask I created with the copy paper I adhered this with a little bit of removable tape pen ensuring I line this up correctly over the image. Once in place I stamped another two flowers to the top and the bottom of the centre flower, slightly overlapping each other using the same Ink and method as before. I then covered the other two flowers with the masks I had previously created and continued to stamp the foliage from the same set around the flowers.
  • Once I was happy with my stamping I removed all the masks to leave the image. I then coloured the image using my alcohol markers.
  • I stamped out a thank you sentiment to the right hand side of the main image, and ran around the edges of the card stock panel with my glue pen and added some glitter over the top.
  • To frame this centre piece image I decided to do some matting and layering. I created a black mat and glued the image directly onto this piece using wet glue. I also created a purple pearlescent embossed mat, I ran the purple panel through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder, I added foam pads to the back of this layer to create some dimension, I then added this to another white mat layer and glued directly onto a 5"x7" white base card.
  • For some finishing touches I added some purple flat back pearls around the image and also went over the flowers and the leaf's with a sparkle pen to add a little shimmer when held up to the light.

Products used:
  • Altenew wallpaper art stamp set
  • Altenew thank you builder stamp set, for the sentiment
  • Black and white card stock from Lynda's world of paper
  • Purple pearlescent card stock from Hobby House - Island collection
  • Versa fine CLAIR black pigment ink - from Amazon UK
  • Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions - 3D Quilted Pillow embossing folder
  • Sparkleicious Crystalina glitter from Chloe's creative cards
  • Flat back pearls from Hobby House - Island collection
  • Spectrum Noir, by Crafters Companion - Sparkle pen - clear overlay
  • Colours used for Image -
Promarkers: Leaf Green, Grass, Azure, Sky blue, Powder blue, Antique pink, Rose pink, Pastel pink, Orchid
Chameleon colour tone pens: VO4 deep Violet

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, please be sure to check out the Creative fingers challenge blog and enter your makes to be in with a chance of winning a prize I would love to see your crafty creations. #189 challenge.
 If you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade inspiration, so until next time have a great day.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your foray DT Post. It is a gorgeous design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I was really nervous for this one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors! Congrats on your first DT creation! You nailed it. also, Thanks for playing over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Really happy I found your challenge blog :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you!! I will definitely be back with some more creations. So glad I found your challenge blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Congrats on joining the Creative Fingers team and great job on your first project with them! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and I certainly will. Extremely please I found you challenge blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new DT post and love the beautifully coloured flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! �� Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you