Saturday 16 May 2020

Thinking of you card

Hello and welcome to my very first blog post. Today I would like to share with you a pretty thinking of you card that I have made.
All instructions and products used are below.




• I started with a scalloped white 8x8 card blank
• I ran a glue pen around the edges of a pale blue piece of card stock and added holographic glitter as a small border and adhered this to the card base
• The next layer is a white piece of card matted behind a pale blue one with the same glitter edging as before
• For the background piece I took a white piece of card and stamped all around the edge with a pale blue ink then heat embossed with a holographic glitter embossing powder and my heat gun, and added this to the small pale blue mat.
• For the centre piece I use the same blue card stock and stamped out two floral images to the corners using the same blue ink and holographic embossing powder and matted this onto a piece of silver card.
• for the flowers I stamped out 2 flowers onto vellum, again same colour and embossing powder, then I cut these out using a matching die, I added these to the stamped image then adhered some little pearl flower gems.
• Before I glued the last piece down I added a ribbon and a bow going around all the mats and layers and tucking behind the largest one.
• Then I just added a few flower gems to the corners and one to cover to knot on the bow.
• I die cut the sentiment thinking of you three times in white card and once in silver card and stacked them together for some dimension then adhered to the front panel.

Products used:

  • Card stock was all Hunkydory adorable scorable, in white, pale blue and silver.
  • The stamps and die for the background and flower were both freebies from a magazine (Chloe's creative cards, box set 6) 
  • The sentiment die was from Sue Wilson. 
All my items used were purchased on Amazon UK

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration, so until next time have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you