Wednesday 10 June 2020

Star shaker card

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a birthday card I have made into a shaker, I love adding this fun element to cards I feel it adds lots of interest for the recipient.
Please see all instructions and products used below:


  • For this card I've started with the background, I used a piece of white 5x7 card stock and I attached pieces of red liner tape going across it horizontally, I haven't measured this out the gaps between them are uneven.
  • Next I have used three shades of shimmer ink and a blending tool over the tape and onto the background of the card using a gradient of the darkest colour at the top to the lightest colour at the bottom, I left this to one side to dry for a little while.
  • Whilst the ink was drying I took a piece of white card and cut an aperture with a star die, running it through my die cutting machine, on the back of the card I have added a piece of acetate and layered around the card with foam pads ensuring not to leave any gaps so once the sequins are in place they can't escape, I also rounded the corners with a corner punch.
  • Next I came back to the background piece, I removed all the red liner tape to expose the sticky adhesive I then used an iridescent glitter and covered the whole piece burnishing the glitter into the adhesive and brushing away the excess, I then added the sequins into the middle of the card
  • I used wet glue on the back of the foam pads to stick the white piece down over the sequins, thus encapsulating them.
  • I then used a happy birthday die cut from black card and adhered this to the front panel
  • To add that last finishing touch I stuck some matching sequins and some clear iridescent gems down with some wet glue.
Products used:
  • Prism shimmer inks in the shades, Thundercloud, Periwinkle and Arctic mist
  • Hunkydory moodstone straight edge nesting dies - star
  • Black and white card stock from Lynda's world of paper
  • Happy birthday die from Chloe's creative cards
  • Sequins, gems and glitter were all unbranded from Amazon UK
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration, so until next time have a great day. 

2 comments:

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you