Thursday 2 July 2020

Christmas wishes

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my first Christmas card of the year. It feels very strange to be making this in July, in the middle of Summer here in the UK, but it's never too early to make a start on your Christmas crafting. This card is simple and elegant and perfect for somebody special at Christmas.

I would like to enter  this card into the following challenges:




Please see below for all instructions and products used:


  • Starting from the bottom I have a 5x7 white card blank then a pearlescent blue mat. I have taken a silver and white mat layer and using a snowflake background stamp from a magazine freebie, I have stamped all around the edges of both the silver and white card stock pieces in ranger clear perfect medium the heat embossed the image with a silver superfine embossing powder. With the silver piece I have run my glue pen all around the edge of the card stock and added some iridescent glitter and fixed all three panels onto the base of my card using wet glue.
  • Next I have taken another piece of the silver pearlescent card stock and a piece of white card stock. With the white piece I have run this through my die cutting machine with a snowflake background die, again the die free from a magazine. With The Silver piece I have used a snowflake embossing folder and also run this through the die cutting machine, I have fixed the white die cut piece to the silver embossed panel and attached to the front of the card with wet glue.
  • For the bauble, this die was also free from a magazine. I have used a piece of the same blue pearlescent cardstock as the background panels and cut out the outline shape of the bauble with my die cutting machine, next I have traced around the inside of the die onto white cardstock and hand cut the centre piece, I ran the white centre piece through my die cutting machine with another embossing folder. For the tag I have heat embossed the sentiment onto the blue cardstock with silver superfine embossing powder. I then attached the bauble on a slight angle with foam pads onto the front of my card.
  •  For the embellishments I have cut some snowflakes out with a die and attached to the bauble with some gems to the centre. I also added some gems to the centre of the snowflakes in the die cut background. And finally I have added a silver organza bow above the bauble and die cut a small poinsettia flower to cover the knot.
Products used:
  • Blue and silver pearlescent cardstock from Hobby house
  • Wow - Superfine silver embossing powder
  • Pearly background embossing folder from Chloe's creative cards
  • Snowflake die, stamp and embossing folder all free gifts from magazines
  • Poinsettia additions die set from Sue Wilson at Creative expressions
  • Silver organza ribbon, gems and glitter all unbranded from Amazon UK

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. If you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a nice day.

10 comments:

  1. This is just beutiful it is so intricate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo . . . this is soooo gorgeous!!! I love your icy color combo and all those fabulous snowflakes!!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is super, what a great make, I love the wintry colours you have used for the card. The die cut ornament is stunning. Thank You for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics this fortnight, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card love all the dies embossing and gorgeous bow
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love the color combo you used here. Thanks for sharing this over at the house that stamps built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty - if it wasn't 90+ here I would say it was winter from your card. Love the shimmer and colors you used, beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, wonderful colors and composition! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you