Wednesday 21 October 2020

Mum - Skates Christmas card

Hello and welcome to my blog today I am sharing this lovely Christmas easel card featuring the ice stakes from Sweet Dixie die cuts range


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

And here is the Christmas easel card, all details and products used are below:



  • To make this card I have started with the base, I have taken a 5''x7'' base card and folded the top panel in half again to created the easel shape. I have then cut a large oval from my nesting dies to sit on the front panel, I have also created some mats and layers for the oval with the same nesting dies some cardstock and some patterned paper.
  • I have cut some mats and layers for the bottom panel and run these through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder and glued into place with some wet glue, I have done the same with the top panel before attaching the oval piece in place with some foam pads.
  • For the main Skates image I have run the skates die through my die cutting machine in white cardstock then backed it onto some blue cardstock. I then run the stakes die through the machine again with some silver mirror card and paper pieced the skating blades over the top of the white piece. I then threaded some blue organza ribbon through the laces and tied a bow at the top. I attached this to the oval panel on the card with some 3d Glue gel and placed a sparkle stone over the centre of the knot of the ribbon.
  • For the bottom panel I have created my stopper from a pre-cut Christmas sentiment die cut and created some poinsettia flowers in coordinating cardstock to add to the sides.
  • For the sentiment to a special mum, I have created this on a word document printed and cut them out adding to the card with foam pads. 
Products used:
  • Oval nesting dies - Moonstone from Hunkydory
  • Pale blues and silver pearl cardstock from Chloe's creative cards
  • Patterned patter - free from a magazine
  • Sue Wilson Basket weave embossing folder
  • Sue Wilson Snow flakes embossing folder
  • Sue Wilson Poinsettia flower dies 
  •  Hobby house pre cut sentiment, ribbon and sparkle stone
  • Skates die cut from Sweet Dixie 

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, If you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration, so until next time, have a great day! 

7 comments:

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you