Thursday 22 October 2020

Scrap Pieces - Merry Christmas card

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a Christmas card I've made using up all those scrap pieces and free Christmas papers from magazines. This type of card is so quick and simple to make and it is great for using up all those left over pieces.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

And here is my card, all details and products used can be found below:


  • To create this card I have started with a white 7''x7'' base card. I have attached a dark green mat layer and a patterned paper layer to the front of the base card with wet glue.
  • Next I have taken a piece of red mirror card and cut all my scrap papers and Gold mirror card into 1 inch strips. I have then assembled them onto the red mirror card in a random pattern using wet glue and added to a white mat layer.
  • I have die cut a Merry Christmas sentiment from the gold mirror card and attached to a piece of large red ribbon with some wet glue. 
  • I attached the ribbon to the patterned paper piece then attached the patterned paper piece to the front panel of my base card using foam pads.
Products used:
  • Dark green cardstock from Crafters Companion
  • Gold mirror card from Crafters Companion 
  • Patterned paper pieces all free from a magazine 
  • Merry Christmas sentiment from Sue Wilson
  • Red ribbon from Amazon UK

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a great day. 

11 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Hayley! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the way you used the scraps. Thank you for joining in the fun at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I LOVE this!! Such a wonderful idea!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
    ~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I always have ends of paper left around - thank you for joining us at Penny's - Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you