Saturday 7 November 2020

White and silver Christmas card

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you this beautiful white and silver Christmas card I've made. 


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

And here is my card, all details and products used are below:


  • To make this card I have started with a white 7''x7'' base card. I have die cut from my fancy square nesting dies a silver mirror card piece and a white cardstock piece, on the white card stock I have glittered around the edges with some silver glitter.
  • Next I have used my stitched circle nesting dies and cut a circle from white card stock, I run this through the die cutting machine again with a 3D embossing folder. I created a silver mirror card circle frame using two more nesting dies and glued this to the white piece using wet glue.
  • To create the poinsettias I have stamped different sizes onto silver mirror card and also on to vellum, heat embossing them with white and silver superfine embossing powder. I fussy cut the poinsettias out and added some highlights of silver glitter. Once dry I shaped them and glued together with 3D gel.
  • For the foliage I have stamped and heat embossed in silver superfine embossing powder onto acetate and fussy cut them out. I also added some silver glitter highlights.
  • For the sentiments I have typed out the sentiment on to a word document and printed, then die cut with a banner die. For the Merry Christmas sentiment I have die cut in white, the used the shadow die in the silver mirror card and layered together.
  • I then started to put my card together, fist the two matted layers I stuck to the base card with wet glue, then I added the circle topper and the sentiments with foam pads. Next I have arranged my poinsettias and foliage around the circle frame using 3D gel. And for a last finishing touch I added some gems to the corners.
Products used:
  • Silver mirror card from Crafters companion
  • Fancy square nesting dies from Chloe's creative cards
  • Stitched noble nesting dies from Sue Wilson
  • 3D embossing folder from Chloe's creative cards
  • Poinsettia stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • Winter foliage stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • Merry Christmas stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a great day! 


13 comments:

  1. So dainty and pretty. Really love this
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Haley, I actually though the Poinsettias were on vellum until I read your post, great idea using silver mirri card.

    It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    We also have a Christmas theme at: https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/, we are new and have great prizes.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Stamping sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card. Very stylich and elegant. Lovely icy colours. Thanks for joining our chalelge at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Hayley - I just love all the detail you've added. It will be treasured for sure!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es muy bonita la tarjeta!
    Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you