Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my card for the Thankful series of the blog hop. I have teamed with fantastic designers this month so be sure to check out all the information and links below.
This weeks theme was to make a Thanks Giving card, although we don't celebrate Thanks Giving here in the UK, I wanted to make a special thank you card, we have a lot to be thankful for even in these difficult and unpredicted times.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
And here is my card, all details and products used are listed below:
- To make this card I have first started with the base, I used my DL dies to create the base card, then I have cut a black matt layer and a white watercolour cardstock matt layer from the nesting dies set.
- On the watercolour card stock I have stamped my flower images all over and heat embossed in white embossing powder to create a resist effect.
- The next thing I have done is spritz my cardstock with water and added some pigment powders to the background, I kept spritzing my card with the water to keep the pigment moving and occasionally pat off with some kitchen roll. I repeated this process several times to create the desired look, I gave it a quick blast with the heat gun to set in place then left to dry over night.
- One dry I have added both layers to the front of the card base with wet glue and on Black card I have stamped my sentiment with white pigment ink and die cut with a banner die. I attached this to the card with foam pads.
- DL nesting die from
- Wallpaper stamp set from Alternew
- Thank you builder sentiment stamps from Alternew
- Banner die from Chloe's creative cards
- Ken Oliver pigment powders in Wisteria, Yellow and mandarin
Thank you, until next time, have a great day.