Friday 6 November 2020

Blog hop Thank you card

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my card for the Thankful series of the blog hop. I have teamed with fantastic designers this month so be sure to check out all the information and links below.

This weeks theme was to make a Thanks Giving card, although we don't celebrate Thanks Giving here in the UK, I wanted to make a special thank you card, we have a lot to be thankful for even in these difficult and unpredicted times.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


And here is my card, all details and products used are listed below:


  • To make this card I have first started with the base, I used my DL dies to create the base card, then I have cut a black matt layer and a white watercolour cardstock matt layer from the nesting dies set.
  • On the watercolour card stock I have stamped my flower images all over and heat embossed in white embossing powder to create a resist effect. 
  • The next thing I have done is spritz my cardstock with water and added some pigment powders to the background, I kept spritzing my card with the water to keep the pigment moving and occasionally pat off with some kitchen roll. I repeated this process several times to create the desired look, I gave it a quick blast with the heat gun to set in place then left to dry over night.
  • One dry I have added both layers to the front of the card base with wet glue and on Black card I have stamped my sentiment with white pigment ink and die cut with a banner die. I attached this to the card with foam pads.

Products used:
  • DL nesting die from 
  • Wallpaper stamp set from Alternew
  • Thank you builder sentiment stamps from Alternew
  • Banner die from Chloe's creative cards
  • Ken Oliver pigment powders in Wisteria, Yellow and mandarin

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration.

Now for the Hop...


It is a month of thankfulness, and there are plenty of reasons to be thankful. Hop along and find some inspiration from the other amazing designers.

Hayley Ralph (You are here)

Thank you, until next time, have a great day. 

1 comment:

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you