Friday 6 November 2020

50th Birthday Card

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a 50th Birthday card I've made. This was a really fun and girlie card to make.


I would like to enter this card into thee following challenges:


And here is my card, all details and products used are below:


  • To make this card I have first started with a white 8''x8'' scalloped card base. I have matted and layered a pink mirror and patterned card stock together.
  • Next I have used my circle dies, first to cut the white background circle, then used two circle dies together to create the pink frame. With the white piece I have run this through my die cutting machine with a 3D embossing folder, then layered the frame over the top securing it with wet glue.
  • I have die cut a Happy Birthday sentiment with white cardstock border and the number 50 in the pink.
  • To create my flowers, I have first stamped the flowers in various sizes onto pink mirror card and also onto vellum, I have heat embossed these using a white superfine embossing powder, and fussy cut them and shaped them with my tool. I then layered them together securing in place with some 3D gel and placing a jewel in the centres.
  • For the foliage I have stamped and heat embossed with white superfine embossing powder onto acetate, I added some glitter accents and fussy cut them out.
  • Once I had all the elements to my card complete, I started to construct the card layout. I used the two mat layers and wrapped some ribbon around the top and glued directly to the base card with wet glue, I then added my sentiments to the circle topper piece and layered onto the card with some foam pads. Around the centre piece I have arranged my flowers and foliage, gluing them with some 3D gel. For some finishing touches I added a bow to my ribbon and some jewels to the edges of the card.

Products used:
  • 8''x8'' patterned paper pad from Chloe's creative cards
  • Pink mirror card from Crafters Companion
  • Noble Stitched circle dies from Sue Wilson
  • Happy birthday stamp and die cut sentiment from Chloe's creative cards
  • Rose mallow stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • 3D embossing folder from Chloe's creative cards

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a great day. 


2 comments:

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you