Wednesday 12 May 2021

Crafters Companion - Box kit #34

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a few of cards I've made using the monthly box kit #34 from Crafters companion. I love these boxes as it has everything you need to get crafting straight away.  Here is a little bit about the box and the contents. 

You can create colourful and characterful cards for any occasion with the Decorative Duo Dies Craft Kit, Inside this box of delights you’ll find over 310 individual elements with everything you need to make a minimum of 24 cards. 

In this kit, you will receive:

  • Card Blanks (24pc)
  • Envelopes (24pc)
  • Metal Dies (6pc)
  • Ribbons (9pc)
  • Clear Acrylic Stamps (18pc)
  • Self-adhesive dew drops (100pc)
  • Self-adhesive gems (100pc)
  • Coloured card (15pc)
  • Printed paper (18pc)

This kit is perfect for crafters of all abilities or those of you who are looking to try something new!

And here are some samples that I have created using this kit:

  • To make this card I have started with a 6''x6'' white card base included in the box, I have created a black matt layer measuring 5.75''x5.75'' and also a green matt layer from the card stock in the box, this measures 5.5''x5.5'' I have inked around the edges with a green ink pad before securing to the base with wet glue.
  • Next I have used a black layer measuring 4''x5.25'' and the same again for the patterned layer, I have attached these to the card again using wet glue, the patterned piece at a slightly jaunty angle.
  • I have taken the duo tree die from the kit and cut this in green card stock, and also cut the heart background die in black and the decorative sentiment insert piece in white and layered them together
  • I have stamped a sentiment from the kit on green cardstock and cut from a sentiment banner, I also created a flag banner in both black cardstock and patterned paper, I have attached these as shown with foam pads.
  • To finish off the card I have added some gems and a bow from the kit.
The second card:
  • To make this card I have started with a White 6''x6'' base card from the kit, I have cut a patterned paper matt layer measuring 5.75''x5.75'' and adhered to the card using wet glue.
  • Next I have cut a strip of White card measuring 2.5''x5.5'' and layered a piece of patterned paper onto this measuring 2.25''x5.25'' I attached these with wet glue to the bottom of the card as shown. My next layer I have cut another strip of white card measuring 3''x5.25'' and layered a piece of turquoise card over the top measuring 2.57''x 5'' I glued this to the right hand side of the card. I have created a circle from white card and again layered a piece of patterned paper slightly smaller over the top, and finally a square piece of white card measuring 3''x3'' and layer a patterned piece of paper measuring 2.75''x2.75'' over the top I have attached all the layers to the base as shown.
  • Next I have used the duo balloon die and cut this in the same turquoise card and cut the decorative sentiment insert out of white card, backing this onto a piece of patterned paper and layering them together, I have also attached a piece of string to the balloon and adhered to the card using foam pads.
  • From the stamp set in the kit I have stamped the sentiment in black ink to the top left hand corner. I have also stamped, coloured and fussy cut the presents and the dragonfly and attached to the card with foam pads.
The third card I have created:

  • To make this card I have used one of the 6''x6'' white base cards from the kit, I have created an orange matt layer measuring 5.75''x5.75'' and a patterned paper matt layer measuring 5.5''x5.5'' attaching these to the base with wet glue, I have gone around the edges with a black marker pen to help them pop from the card.
  • Next I have used a piece of smooth white card measuring 4.75''x4.75'' and stamped the presents and the birthday sentiment all over the paper and coloured them using my Tri blend brush markers, I have gone around the edges with a black marker the attached to the base card using wet glue.
  • I have created a strip of orange card measuring 5.57''x1.75'' then a patterned paper layer measuring 5.5''x1.5'' and glued this to the card vertically.
  • I have stamped a sentiment from the kit onto white card and cut into a flag banner and backed this on to an orange matt layer before securing to the card with foam pads.
  • To finish this card I have simply added some gems from the kit to the bottom right hand corner.
And finally here is the last card I created from this kit:


  • To make this card I have started with a White 5''x7'' base card from the kit, I have created a Orange matt layer measuring 4.75''x6.75'' and also a patterned paper layer measuring 4.5''x6.5'' I have glued these to the base card with wet glue.
  • I have created a strip of white card measuring 6''x2.5'' and layered it with a piece of patterned paper measuring 5.75''x2.25'' and attached to the right hand side of the card with wet glue, I have then cut another white strip of card measuring 5.25''x3'' and another white layer of water colour card measuring 5''x2.75'' on this piece I have added random splodges of ink using my water reactive inks pads, on my glass mat and sprayed with water, I have the ''smooched'' the white card stock into the ink to add the affected of a watercolour background. Once this was dry I have taken some sentiments from the kit and stamped in black ink all over the inky background then attached this to the white matt layer and added it to the base card as shown. I have also die cut a small banner from green card and slipped this underneath on the left hand side.
  • Next I have used the balloons duo dies to cut 3 balloons in white, patterned and plain card stock I have added the decorative sentiment in White card stock to one, added some string and attached them to the base card with foam pads.
  • To finish this card off I have simply added some gem stones from the kit.
Products used:
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment. I hope you all have a great week. :) 
Hayley. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you