Monday 18 May 2020

Hello, Scrap Pieces

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I've made using up those pesky scrap pieces we all have laying around.
Please see all instructions and products used below.


• I started with a white 8x8 card blank, I matted and layered a piece of purple and grey card stock to the base.
• With the grey card stock I ran my chisel tip glue pen around the edge and added some holographic glitter.
• For the background, I have taken my leftover scrap pieces of paper/card stock from other projects and cut them into one inch strips. I've used glitter, patterned papers, mirror card and plain card stock, all in a complementary colour scheme
• I proceeded to stick these down with wet glue onto a white 7x7 backgroud leaving a small gap (or edge) in between each one - (I have used a random pattern but you could do this diagonally, horizontally, vertically or any other way in which you choose) I then glued this piece to the card
• For the sentiment I have taken a white piece of card and cut out a fancy circle shape with a die, then used a plain circle die to cut a piece from purple card stock.
• I have cut out the Hello die three times in white card and once in the same grey card as the mat layer and stacked them together slightly off-setting them to add dimension.
• I've then added a bow with purple ribbon, a silk purple flower to cover the knot and added a few adhesive gems to the corners.

Products used:
• The plain, glittered and mirror cardstock is from Hunkydory
• The pattern papers are from Papermania Lucy Cromwell addition
• The circle dies were unbranded from Amazon UK
• The hello die was a freebie from a papercraft magazine.
• The ribbon, flowers and gems were all unbranded from Amazon UK

Thank you for taking the time to visit, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration, so until next time thank you and I hope you have a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. So cool, AND in my fave colour!

    I'm our newest follower Hayley

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, it really does mean a lot. Take care Kathy x

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you