Wednesday 20 May 2020

Rainbow Thank You Card

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a thank you card made for one
of our NHS heroes. 
Please find below all instructions and products used.




• I started with a 5"x7" pearlescent base card then I matted and layered a piece of holographic mirror card and another mat layer in a pastel orange shade, I then used another white layer
• On the white layer I inked a cloud background, grassy hills and a sun using die inks. I did this by creating a cloud, sun and hills shape from scrap pieces of card and used them like a mask to form the desired background effect.
• To create the rainbow I used a rainbow die I ran this through my cutting machine seven times in seven different shades of pastel card, then pieced them together to form the rainbow.
• Using the same die set I cut out two of the stitched cloud shapes in white, then again from the same die set I cut out two lager hearts in holographic mirror card and two smaller hearts in pastel pink and layered them together with the rainbow as shown
• I cut the sentiment 'to brighten your day' four times in the holographic card and stacked them together using glue for a more dimensional look.
• Then I cut the die cut tag with debossed sentiment thank you and then mat and layered a piece of pink card stock behind it
• Once all the elements to the card were cut out and stacked together I arranged them to the front of the card as seen, adhering each layer and element with wet glue.

Products used:
• Dovecraft 5"x7" pearlescent base card
• Dovecraft A4 holographic mirror card
• Hunkydory A4 Matt-tastic adorablescorable card in the colours soft white, petal pink, lovely lilac, kiwi crush, cornflower blue, apricot burst, lemon burst and tranquil turquoise.
• The die set was Sue Wilson, necessities collection you are my sunshine
• Tonic studio - thank you die tag set

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration, so until next time have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you