Monday 8 June 2020

Father's Day fishing card

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I've made for Father's Day using the Hunkydory little book of Dad jokes. Another easy and simple card to make when you're in hurry.
Please see instructions and products used below:



  • I started with the Nobel hexagon nesting die set and cut two of the largest hexagons shapes from the set using my die cutting machine, on one of the panels I scored along the top about a centimetre in to form the fold of my base card, I then glued along the scored hinge and stuck the two panels together.
  • Next I took the same die and a piece of turquoise card and ran that through my machine and adhered the the base
  • for the frame I took the largest die and the second largest die and the decorative center in the middle all from the same set, run that through my machine with white card stock witch left me with the cut out circle patterned frame, I stuck this to the turquoise panel on the card.
  • I then took the second largest hexagon from the set and cut this out in white card stock, I embossed the piece by it running it through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder, and attached this panel to the center of the card using foam pad to raise it up and create some dimension
  • Next I took the fishing image from the little book of Dad jokes and slightly cut it down and rounded the corners with a corner punch, I matted this onto a piece of turquoise mirror card also rounding the corners, again adding foam pads to the back and attaching it to the center.
  • The final finishing touch was a pre-cut sentiment Happy Father's Day, which I stuck with foam pads to wards the bottom right hand side of the card.
Products used:
  • Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions - Nobel collection classic adorned hexagons die set 
  • Turquoise card - Hunkydory color family's paper pad in turquoise
  • White 300gsm card stock
  • Gone fishing page extract from the Hundydory little book of Dad jokes
  • Embossing folder - Woven by We-R-Memory Keepers
  • Hunkydory little book of sentiments 2020 - for Happy Father's Day sentiment

If you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting regular handmade card inspiration, so until next time have a great day.

2 comments:

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you