Tuesday 14 July 2020

Polkadoodles #week 28


Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my inspiration for Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge. The scope was to make a male birthday card using one of the boys images from Polkadoodles, for Mr Doodles birthday. I chose the Image Cool Dude along with a sentiment have a nice day, and some Digi papers to create my card.

Here is where you can find Polkadoodles:
Store website: Polkadoodles shop
Digi Choosday Blog: Digi Choosday blog
Facebook: Facebook
Instagram: Instagram
YouTube: You tube
Pinterest: Pinterest
Blog: Blog

Please make sure to check out the Digi Choosday Challenge Blog The theme is anything goes, so enter your makes to be in with the chance of winning a $10 download voucher.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



And finally here is my inspiration for #week 28 Digi Choosday Challenge. You can find all details and products used below.





  • To start this card I have first printed out the image cool dude on my brother laser printer and coloured the image using alcohol markers (colours in products used below) Once coloured I have then die cut around the image using an oval die and running it through my die cutting machine, I have then layered the image onto further nesting ovals die cuts using Polkadoodles Digi paper. I have printed the Digi paper and used my oval die to cut the nesting die out and repeated this using the nesting die for the black card stock and stacked them together using wet glue.
  • Next I have Printed out another Polkadoodles Digi paper I have taken the remaining Digi paper and also a pearlescent green paper and cut them all into 1 inch strips, I have then run the pearlescent strips through an embossing folder and my die cutting machine to add some interest.
  • Once I have all the strips cut out I have layered them onto a piece of copy paper and gluing them down with wet glue in a random pattern to create a background piece, I have then backed this onto a black card stock matt and attached to the front of a 7x7 white base card using wet glue.
  • I have printed the sentiment have a nice day, cut this out and backed onto a piece of black card stock. I have then added both the image topper and the sentiment to the card base using foam pads.
Products used:
  • Polkadoodles cool dude image
  • Polkadoodles Digi paper 1 
  • Polkadoodles Digi paper 2 
  • Polkadoodles sentiment Have a nice day
  • Hunkydory moonstone scalloped and straight edge nesting dies
  • Creative expressions - 3D quilted pillow embossing folder
  • Black card stock from Lynda's world of paper 
  • Green shimmer card stock from Hobby house
  • Colours used for image - Prism brush markers in 033 Sea Blue, 038 Aqua Marine, 071 Turquoise, 080 Blueberry, 023 Royal Blue, 100 Powder Blue, 018 Nutmeg, 002, Chestnut, 034 Expresso. Pro markers in the colours - Satin, Almond and Putty.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration.
Also be sure to check out the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge blog play along and enter your fabulous makes to be in with the chance of winning a prize. Until next time, have a great day. 




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Hayley, love how you've used the papers to create the background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks brilliant Hayley I love the idea of embossing the plain strips. Very clever
    Claire
    Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card and lovely image
    Maritza

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you