Thursday 23 July 2020

Under the sea card

Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a easel shaker card I've made. This card was made using Polkadoodles Winnie Sandcastles Digi kit. I wanted to make a fun underwater scene with a shaker element.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Here is the card I've made, please see all instructions and products used blow.


  • To start with I have created an 8''x8'' easel card by simply using it in a tend fold orientation and scoring the card and folding the top part in half.
  • Next I have printed out all my papers and elements for the card using my brother laser printer and coloured using pro markers and fussy cut them out, I have used two 7 3/4'' x 7 3/4'' underwater Digi paper backgrounds. I have used one layer on the bottom half of the card and glued in place with wet glue.
  • Next I have created a white 8''x8'' square frame using my square nesting dies, I have then run this through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder to add some texture, I also inked around the edges with a blue ink and blending tool.
  • I added an 8''x8'' acetate piece to the back of the frame and glue in place, then added a double layer of foam tape all around the edge of the frame ensuring this is completely sealed and no sequins can escape. 
  • I added my sequins to the centre of the next Digi background backing paper and added the frame with the acetate over the top thus encapsulating the sequins inside. I then added this to the front of the base card ensuring I only glued the bottom half enabling the card to open and close.
  • I created a stopper for the bottom piece of the card by layering some fussy cut fish on foam pads, I then added the rest of the fussy cut elements to the top half of the card.

Products used:
  • Polkadoodles Winnie Sandcastles big Kahuna Digi kit
  • Hunkydory moonstone square layering dies
  • Sue Wilson basket weave embossing folder
  • Hunkydory Blue Lagoon shimmer ink pad
  • Sequins purchased on amazon UK
  • Promarkers in the shades: Prussian, cobalt blue, cool aqua, henna, cardinal red, lipstick red, lemon, yellow, orange, gold, peach

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment as I will be sharing frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a great day.

18 comments:

  1. Wow! This is super cute!! What a fabulous scene you have created with all these cutie sea creatures! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning. I love how this has come together. That colour is just stunning
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and design, I love all the sea creatures. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this gorgeous card!! The details are incredible and perfectly done! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is awesome! What fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun under water scene. Great coloring and great paper. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy day to you!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What an amazing sea themed card!! Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge on The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful underwater scene. Thanks for playing at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love all the detail in your project!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you