Friday 18 September 2020

Creative Fingers - Jan's Digi Stamps

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my design team inspiration for Creative Fingers challenge blog, using Christmas skates from our sponsor Jan's Digital Stamps This was such a lovely Christmassy image to work with.

Here is where you can find the creative fingers blog Creative Fingers challenge blog we would love to see your makes so please enter our challenge to be in with a chance of winning great prizes, the theme is, as always, anything goes.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


And finally here is my inspiration for this month, all details and products used can be found below:

  • To start with I have printed my Christmas skates on my laser printer and coloured my design using coloured pencils, I have also added some glitter and ranger glossy accents to the skates and left to one side to dry.
  • For the card base I have scored and folded a piece of A4 white card in half, with the crease at the top in a landscape orientation I have then scored and folded the top piece in half again creating a basic easel card 
  • I have created some mats and layers using grey/silver pearlescent card stock, with a white panel behind (x2) and a green pearlescent and another white layer behind that (x2). For each coloured panel I have run them through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder to give some texture.
  • for the base of the card before securing I have added some organza green ribbon then glued it in place as shown with wet glue. I have also glued all the panels to the top piece as shown.
  • Next I have printed my sentiment also from Jan's Digital Stamps and used an oval die cut and my die cutting machine to cut these out. I have also glittered around the edges to add a little sparkle. I have taken a larger oval die cut from the same set and cut this out on white card stock then  I have attached them both together with foam pads, I also used foam pads to attach to the bottom half of the card, over the ribbon creating a stopper.
  • For the focal Image I have die cut a fancy oval decorative frame in white cardstock, and cut out the centre with a scalloped oval nesting die, I have layered this over the top of the image using tiny pieces of foam pads to create an aperture. I have also die cut two more smaller decorative frames to go each side of the main image and added the ribbon across them before securing to the top of the card base using foam pads.
  • For the final finishing touch I have created a bow from the green organza ribbon and added a fancy crystal to cover the knot.
Products used:
  • Coloured card from hobby house
  • Embossing folder, basket weave from Sue Wilson
  • Fancy oval frames set from sweet dixi
  • Straight and scalloped nesting dies from Hunkydory moonstone collection 
  • Digi stamp and Digi sentiment from Jan's Digital Stamps 
  • Green organza ribbon and red dazzler from hobby house

Thank you very much for taking your time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration.
Also be sure to check out the Creative Fingers challenge blog and enter your makes to be in with the chance of winning some fab prizes. Until next time, have a great day. 


12 comments:

  1. This is really stunning Hayley. The skates look amazing. Love the apature effect, it really adds dimension to the card
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card. Thank you for participating in the Creative Knockouts Challenge! Hopefully until next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May daughter figures skates- I love that image! Great card!


    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love to watch figure skating, that's amazing. Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully made - love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I'm so glad I clicked on the photo to see it up closer. Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hayley, Very Elegant creation! I love the layers and touches of sparkle. Thank you for showcasing my image Christmas Skates on your Easel card. I so enjoy seeing how others use and interpret the images. HAPPY CRAFTING!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and this image was lovely to work with. Take care. Hayley x

      Delete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you