Wednesday 23 September 2020

Penguin slimline card

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you my first slimline card. This card was made using the images from the amazing designer Anne Mathieson available to purchase from Crafts U Print

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

And here is this adorable Christmas penguins slimline card, Instructions and products used are below:


  • I have started with a white base card measuring 3.75''x8'' I have also made a gold mirror card mat and a white mat layer.
  • Next I have printed the Christmas penguins kit and cut out the elements including the sentiment. I have used some wet glue and glued around all the edges and added some glitter for a little bit of extra Christmas sparkle on all the elements in the kit.
  • I have added all the mats and layers to the base card using wet glue, then added the extra elements with foam pads to create some dimension, and also adding the sentiment to the bottom of the card.
  • For a final finishing touch I have added a white and gold bow to the top and a dazzler gem to hide the centre of the knot. This card was quick and simple to make but very on trend and great for a quick card when you're in a rush. Just perfect for Christmas!

Products used:
  • Gold mirror card
  • White card stock
  • Glitter from Chloe's creative cards
  • Christmas penguins card kit by Anne Mathieson from Crafts U Print

Thank you vey much for visiting my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a great day.


16 comments:

  1. Just adorable. What a gorgeous image range and colours
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these new slimline cards - this is darling. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your project a lot! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge over at Penny's Challenges. Looking forward to see you again!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! Love that background paper; it's so fun! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this. Love it. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute images of Penguin and amazing Colouring. Thank you for joining us at Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge Blog. Sirisha DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE card!
    Love your sweet penguins, windows of fun with this fabulous slimline design!
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was over the moon to find out I was a winner on this challenge too :) xx

      Delete
  8. What a fun slimline card and those little penguins are adorable!
    Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will come to see us again.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you