Saturday 31 October 2020

Nan Christmas card

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a beautiful card I've made for my Nan. I've used all of Chloe's creative card products and take so much inspiration from her cards, I really enjoyed making this one.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

And here is my card, all details and products used are below:




  • I have started with a white 8''x8'' scalloped base card, I created a champagne and cream mat layer, on the cream layer I have glittered around the edges and stuck these onto my base card with wet glue.
  • Next I have taken another champagne mat layer and used a star fall stencil and some embellishment mousse to create a starry background and left this to one side to dry.
  • Whilst my background was drying I have created my centre piece. To do this I have cut the geometric circle outline in the champagne card running it through my die cutting machine, then cut the backing circle in white with a double sided sticky sheet attached. I removed the sticky sheet and added glitter all over the circle piece, then glued the geo design over the top with wet glue.
  • I die cut my sentiments from the same champagne card and used the shadow die in cream. Once my stencilled baking piece was dry I've added all the layers to the base card and attached with foam pads.
  • Next thing I have done is concentrate on my flowers and foliage. I have stamped the large flower and heat embossed in gold embossing powder onto the champagne card and also onto vellum, I have cut these out using the matching dies from the set. I have then repeated this process with the smaller flowers and the foliage. With the foliage and the flowers I have added some accents of glitter and gems. I have glue these onto my card around the centre image using 3D gel. 
  • The final thing I have done is decorate the inside of my card using some of the same cardstock as the mats and layers on the front and used a fancy nesting die. I then stamped a large circle sentiment in the middle and heat embossed in sparling gold embossing powder.
Products used:
  • Crafters Companion centura pearl champagne cardstock
  • 8''x8'' Cream winter wonderland cardstock stack from Chloe's creative cards
  • Twinkling star fall stencil from Chloe's creative cards
  • Nuvo mother of pearl embellishment mousse 
  • Geometric circle die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • Sparkelicious glitter in Glitzen and champagne shimmer from Chloe's creative cards
  • Winter flower stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • Sprigs and twigs stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • Vellum from Crafters companion
  • Wow embossing powder in St Tropez from Chloe's creative cards
  • Christmas sentiment builder stamp and die set from Chloe's creative cards
  • Magic of Christmas circle stamp
  • Fancy squares nesting dies from Chloe's creative cards

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment. I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Until next time, have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card so many delicious things to look at.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW ... this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful holiday card!! I just love all of the great details. Thank you for joining us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, like this card, as I love flowers so you made my day, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you