Monday 10 May 2021

Creative fingers - Look for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you this months inspiration for Creative Fingers - using my own stash. I have created a kite penny slider card using products from Crafters companion .This months sponsor is the lovely Angelique, and you have the chance of winning an awesome stamp set. We would love you to join in with this challenge and here is where you can find us.  Creative fingers challenge blog All you have to do is enter your makes to be in with the chance of winning, as always the theme is 'Anything goes' hope to see you there.

And here is my inspiration for this month, please see below for instructions and product list:



  • To make this card I have started with a DL base card measuring 4''x9'' I have added a silver mirror matt layer measuring 3.75''x8.75'' then a further decorative layer measuring 3.5''x8.5''
  • Next I have taken a silver mirror matt layer measuring 3.25''x8.25''. On a white matt layer measuring 3''x8'' I have used a cloud stencil and some water reactive ink pads and a blending brush to create a cloud scene as the background. I have also stamped, coloured and die cut a sun and a kite that will be my slider.
  • On the cloud background I have used the Chanel die from the penny slider stamp and die set to create the slider mechanism then raised the whole panel with foam pads.
  • Next I have added two pennies and a foam pad behind the slider channel and attached the kite through the mechanism allowing this to slide up and down.
  • I have added the panel to the silver matt mirror card and attached to the base card with foam pads, along with the die cut Sun.
  • For the rainbow die cut I have ink blended water reactive inks onto white card stock and die cut the rainbow sentiment and attached to the card with wet glue as shown, along with the stamped sentiment ''look for the''.
  • To embellish this card further I have added some twine string to the kite and some pearl gems in the background.
Product list:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, if you like this card please feel free to follow or leave a comment, I will be posting frequent handmade card inspiration. Also be sure to check out Creative Fingers challenge blog and enter you makes to be in with a chance of winning. Until next time, have a great day. 


1 comment:

  1. I do love interactive cards and this one is no exception. The colours are just perfect

    ReplyDelete

Crafters Companion penny slider - looking for rainbows

 Hello and welcome to my blog, today I would like to share with you a card I have made using the Crafters Companion  Penny slider - looking ...

Thinking of you